Sunday, May 1, 2011

Just Listed!


We played hooky from church this morning to "redd up" the house, as they say here in the 'Burgh, for this afternoon's open house event. Then we get to do it all over again Monday night to prepare for the realtors' showing on Tuesday morning. This is the third time we've been through this drill, first in 1989 and again in 1995 when we sold our Upper St. Clair and Wexford homes but somehow you just never get used to the idea of strangers poking their noses through your home. Our realtor said one of the lookers complained that the floor squeaked and she was talking about the ceramic tile floor, but the realtor implied there may have been a "heavy" reason for that! Inspite of the rainy, chilly weather there were half a dozen visitors today. My husband joked that he could tell how many there were by the number of mudprints on the tile.

I am more than ready to trade in the "April showers" for a few May flowers. The sweet gum tree just outside my study sports both new buds and the old prickly brown balls that will eventually drop and litter the ground below. A robin has again built a nest on top of the downspout that runs along the length of the beam supporting our deck roof; she scolded me quite furiously when I hung a basket of fuschia near the nest. The warming weather also brings out other critters and Ocie has tangled with something, probably another cat. He has another head wound just below his right ear, but application of a hot compress plus Neosporin and he'll heal just fine.

Here is our listing if you care to see it. http://www.pittsburghmoves.com/Property/PropertyDetails.aspx?SearchID=6896327&PropertyID=131999&RowNum=2&StateID=44&RegionID=0&IsRegularPS=True

1 comment:

  1. Amongst reading the entire post, I have thoughts on the house, and all that, but the first thing that I MUST responde to because my hand flew up to my mouth and my brows furrowed. I'm upset about that cat!!! :( I hope Ocie is starting to heal since you wrote this. I'm not a cat person; you know Garrett & I are dog lovers to the core, but any animal who is hurt makes me have a borderline ER-worthy panic attack.

    ReplyDelete