Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Place for Everything

My husband, bless him, is so concerned that I won't have enough closet and storage space for my clothes and other necessities that he's creatively found places to store his own clothes! In the space originally intended for a single-unit washer/dryer, Bill installed shelves for plastic bins for his clothes. There's also enough space on the right to store another one of his recent crafts. Wanting to utilize all the available living space onboard, he built a rolling table large enough for a laptop and paperwork. The legs unscrew from the surface so that all fit nicely into an area about three inches wide.

One of his more creative storage spots is a bit less obvious. Would you ever think to look behind the panel for the electronics wiring for your shoes? Elastic straps hold three pairs of shoes vertically when the panel door is closed.


We'll have to sacrifice one of the berths in the below deck stateroom to accommodate our clothing racks, but I was happy that we could get something that wouldn't have to be affixed to the leather walls of the stateroom. The first photo below shows the lower berth with a double and a single bed and the next photo shows the clothing racks where the single mattress usually is.




In my last blogpost, I mentioned the wine rack that
Bill made. It nicely holds five bottles in a slot below
the audio equipment.

If all goes according to plan, we'll be moving onto the boat full time on June 18th, when I'll be trading a 10-minute, 6-mile commute for a 35-minute trek on the Turnpike in my gas-guzzling Jeep. It's been 22 years since I've had a commute that long, but I figure it will give me a lot of time to think, to listen to K-LOVE (my favorite radio station) and to talk to God. Thankfully, I don't need a cell phone for that!


1 comment:

  1. What a nice boat! It's neat to finally see some pictures. I hope we can come and visit next summer.

    Ha, a 35 minute commute? Try an hour and 15 minutes!! Good ol Chicago construction traffic.

    ReplyDelete